Today Her Ladyship and I celebrate twenty-five years of marriage.
I have no illusions that this awesome achievement is due to any particular skill or quality of mine. So this is a good time to write down ten things I love about my wife.
- She is the consummate optimist; she sees the best in everything and everyone.
- She never makes me feel that I am not good enough.
- She always appreciates my efforts.
- She is a better judge of character than I will ever be.
- She knows the difference between reminding and nagging.
- She knows when my spirits need lifting, and knows when I need to be left alone.
- She understands my need to have the last word, even if it is “Yes, Milady”.
- She’s the best listener I know.
- She cares about the things I don’t.
- She puts up with my crap like no-one else would.
Thank you, My Love. Here’s to the next Twenty-Five