If I am elected President I promise to attempt the following:
- Repeal the 16th amendment, abolish the Federal Income Tax, and replace it with a 15% Purchase tax on goods.
- Abolish the Department of education, which costs taxpayers a billion dollars a year and educates nobody. Education belongs to the States and Counties – it is not the Federal Government’s job.
- Expand and fund the INS so that they can do their job properly. Policing our borders is our job.
- Bring our soldiers home – not right away, but soon – from the 130+ countries in which US Troops are currently stationed. They can’t all be vital to our national security, and we can no longer afford to be the world’s policeman.
- Quit meddling in the internal affairs of other countries – or, as Jefferson put it, “Free Trade with all, entangling alliances with none“
- Quit sending Tax dollars overseas – reduce the Foreign Aid budget to $0. If you want to help the poor and needy overseas, knock yourself out – you just don’t have the right to do it with OPM (Other People’s Money).
- Establish a trade policy of reciprocity. You tax our goods, we’ll tax yours. Fair?
- Balance our budget. We expect you to live on less than you make, it’s time we did the same.
- Allow anyone to opt out of Social Security, and refund their contributions. Again, this is not the Federal Government’s job – let the States take care of this.
- Establish a referendum on energy policy. Do we drill for oil, build refineries and power stations and have cheap energy, or do we protect the environment at the cost of dependence on foreign oil? Hint: You can’t have both.